Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Crappy DV Camera is a Dangerous Thing


The video above is what happens when you give a guy a crummy iJoy DV camera, and no way to mount it to his person. I held the camera in my right hand while I rode down the mountain, and it's a little gut-wrenching to watch if you're hungover, but I like to document my adventures any way I can. Perhaps next month I'll pick up a GoPro Hero helmet cam so I can drop smooth, 1080p vids all over your asses. Yes, I think that's the plan.

My friend Ryan and I took to Arapahoe Basin for a mid-week powder session, and were not disappointed. Ryan is a fantastic skier and a great riding partner; he pushes me to ride harder and has a great attitude about the whole thing. I'm not sure how many inches of fresh snow we had that day, but it was plenty, and it snowed all day while we were up there. 

Loveland Pass was great as usual; some people are horrified by this road when conditions get dicey, and yes, it would be terrible to drive off of it, but I've driven it so many times that it doesn't even phase me anymore.


Lesser men drive through the Eisenhower Tunnel. I prefer the Danger Man approach, myself. 4-wheel drive is God's way of telling me to not be a chicken shit and just go for it.

I would really, really love it if I could get a bluebird powder day this season, so that I can break off some photos, but, as I stated in the "Careful what you wish for..." installment, I feel like it's an OK trade-off, leaving the camera at home to fold cream all day. First-world problems, baby...

For anyone interested in my videos, you can check out my YouTube channel: Yoga Fire Media. I am more of a hack videographer than you are, so there. Toss the clips in Windows Movie Maker, add a song, edit a bit, drop in some text, and save. That's my method.

No comments:

Post a Comment